Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Madness that is Twilight




So unless you live under a rock, Twilight Saga: Eclipse came out last night at midnight and I (along with my BFF Amanda Norris) was one of the crazy people who went to the premiere. The movie was of course awesome and I will probably see it again before it leaves the theater. However the action happened before the movie even began!!

We arrive at the movie theater at 10:15 thinking that was plenty of time, Oh No! Here is the line to get into the movie:



It wrapped around the entire place! Needless to say we were not early enough, but there were plenty of people in line behind us. The wait to get into the movie was very entertaining. People go all out for these things! I mean I loved the books and the movies, but 1: I'm not getting dressed up as one of the characters 2: I'm not going to get unto a argument about who's team I'm on, "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob," and 3: I'm not planning my wedding to fall on the same day as Bella Swan and Edward Cullen. Yes you heard me there was a couple in line with us who will be getting married on August 13th, the same day that Bella and Edward did. CRAZY!! Amanda and I had QUITE a few laughs as we stood in line.

So when we finally get inside the movie theater you would have thought Kristen Stewart and Robert Patinison were there. People were running around like maniacs! When the lady tore our tickets this is what we were told, "Just run to a theater until you find a seat." "Excuse me, What?" So here Norris and I go running through the place like 2 girls chasing Justin Bieber down! Guess where we find a seat? IN THE VERY FRONT ROW! I mean I could see boogers in the people's noses we were so close! Oh another funny tale of the night, I was getting popcorn and my souvenir Eclipse cup a woman in line beside me had red eyeballs!!! She had red contacts in to make it look like she was a vampire! I'm telling you crazy! All this has happened before the 12:00 premiere. I must say this will be an event I will laugh about often.

P.S. Thank you Amanda Norris for driving the Tuscaloosa to see the movie and being my partner in all the madness!!

2 comments:

Norris said...

LOL the crazy thing is you aren't exaggerating at all! I'm so glad we went and saw it last night...it just wouldn't have been the same without all the madness!! GREEN BALLOON!!!! :)

Beth said...

And all of the reasons listed above are why I won't be seeing this movie. Ha ha! But I think I will talk with Norris. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she and Heath might consider tying the knot next year on August 13...