Friday, June 11, 2010

It's Past Midnight...

Yes it is past midnight and I am still awake. If this was a school night I would have been asleep for over 3 hours already. I know all you teachers out there are going to kill me, but I AM SO BORED! Of course while school was in all I could think about was summer break and sleeping in, but there are some cons to summer break:

1- I am all alone! I don't have children to entertain me and my two little, sweet, wonderful pups have been gone from us for going on 5 weeks! Yes 5 weeks! If you know Josh and I you know that we love and treat Shadow and Bouncer like they were people. Because we live so far away from out families and I don't like to board them Josh's mom keeps them for us. It's a 3 hour drive from Phenix City so when she keeps them, she KEEPS them! We went to the beach Memorial Day weekend so Jack-A got them before we left, well Sunday we leave for Hilton Head for a week so there was no way we could get them keep them for a week and a half and turn around and get them to Phenix City. To many miles. I miss them sooo much I have no one to talk to during the day (yes I talk to my dogs, like I said we treat them like people), Josh is at work and Turtle hates me so he won't even look at me. I can't wait to get them back on the 21st.

SOO I totally went off the subject, back to what I was talking about...oh yeah the cons of Summer break!

2-I spend money! Because I am alone and bored I go shopping (bad idea)! It's terrible I have the quit I MUST QUIT!! ahhhh and lastly...

3- I eat! Again I am bored, so what do I do? I go looking around the kitchen for a "Snack." Bad idea!

I am sure when Josh and I have kids my days will be filled with entertaining out sweet, lovely children. But until then I need a hobby, any suggestions??

All this talk about summer break I failed to mention I lost my job at the end of the school year.
:( Bummer I know! Right now I am in that place where I know the Lord will put me where I need to be, but not knowing what my future holds career wise is breaking my spirits! I love what I do, I enjoy going to school and teaching kids and I want to do this until I am an old lady. However it's hard to get a job where no one knows you and is not sure if they want to take a gamble on you. I feel like I would be a great asset to any school, I just have to keep the faith.

Josh is doing so well in his career. I am so proud of him and all his hard work. Some days I can tell it is tough of him, but nothing that a kiss and a home cooked meal can't fix. I am so happy that I choose him to be my husband, he's truly the best!

Oh P.S. I found out today Bouncer has heart worms :( However the vet says that he's pretty sure he caught it in time so Bounce should be fine. He has to spend the night though so I am sad about that.

Ok enough rant and raving for one night. Josh and I have an exciting week ahead. Tomorrow night we are going to Birmingham to see Zac Brown Band and then Sunday we leave for Hilton Head, SC for a week (business trip for Josh, fun week for me). Yay!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Meagan, I know what you mean about summer break. I have some of the same issues. I have worked out once! I am going to work a camp next week so that will be fun. Let me know after next week if you want to go eat or go shopping. I really hope Cdale will hire you back. I am going to miss you so much. Melanie

Beth said...

Meagan,
I'm trying my best to feel sorry for you, but it's hard to understand as I sit here at work...exhausted! Only kidding, being home alone with nothing to do drive me nuts, too. I hope you have a fun week at HH!

Norris said...

Girl, I am bored out of my mind too. Next summer I might get a part-time job!! I mean I even cleaned the house today!! :)

Kathleen said...

hey girl, im in the same boat as you job wise!! :( i will be praying for you!!! its hard to FULLY trust that God has a plan and is going to put us exactly where He wants us because we are human and we like to doubt. But just know, God knows what He is doing and he is going to fulfill His plan for your life and He will put you right where he wants you!!! :) Ive been thinkin about you cuz I know you're in the same awful boat I'm in! Let me know if you get anything!!!
-Kathleen