Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye!




As many of you know last Sunday (May 23rd) my best friend Whitney died in a car accident. That day will be cemented in my mind for the rest of my life. When i first received the phone call about the accident I did not want to believe it. Mainly because I had talked to Whitney not 2 hours before. She had went on a date with this guy and she was so nervous the night before, but that morning she let me know that the date went "Wonderfully" and that she would call me as soon as she got back to the Delta to tell me all about it. I was frantic to find out the truth; I didn't want to believe the "he said, she said." I wanted to hear it from her family. Finally after an hour or so I got a hold of her brother and that was when my heart shattered into a million little pieces. Not Whitney, not the girl who loved life so much that it was written all over her face. Not my best friend, the one who no matter if we hadn't talked in weeks could pick right back up where we left off. Not my best friend who I shared so many silly, fun, eventful memories with. Now I lost my dad almost 5 years ago to cancer and yes that was hard, but I knew my dad was in pain and letting him go meant not having him suffer and knowing that he had a brand new body in heaven. However, to lose someone so young, so unexpected was soo much to bear. There is not a day that doesn't go by that I don't and will not think of her. I can only imagine what her family must feel, because I feel like a piece of my heart is missing.

The only comforting part of this is knowing that Whitney is in heaven. I can just see her now loudly laughing and looking down on us. Whitney is not in the ground she is in all of our hearts. As hard as it is to know I will not see her again in her earthly body, I know I will see her again in heaven and we can pick up right where we left off! :)






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Meagan- This is beautiful. I got chills when I read it. I hope she knows how much we all miss her.It was nice to finally meet the best friends that Whitney always talked about- but I know we all wish it had been under different circumstances. Take care of yourself, I'm thinking of all of ya'll everyday.
<3 Katie Kimsey

Beth said...

Well said, Meagan. I know you will hurt for a long time, but talking and writing about her give life to her memories.

Kathleen said...

Meagan, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I will be praying for you!
-Kathleen