Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Vaca!

Last week Josh and I went to Hilton Head, SC for the week. Josh had a week long conference he attended while I enjoyed the sites and shops :) of Hilton Head. The weather was EXTREMELY hot; if you weren't in the water you were miserable! Every morning as I dropped Josh off at his conference I went on a little walk. HH is the best place for a walker, they have tons of paths for people to walk and ride their bikes. Of course I had to walk very early so I wouldn't die of a heat stroke. Once Josh was finished for the day we would go to the beach and take in the Atlantic Ocean. I must say the Gulf is sooo much better then the Atlantic! The water is dark and warm, nothing like the Gulf. We did see our fair share of dolphins who would swim rather close to us, it was amazing. We ate some great food; us Fryers we love to eat and we did plenty of it while we were there.
Salty Dog was one of our favorites!


While I was there I had the chance to read a very awesome, powerful book called "90 Minutes In Heaven." Having lost my father to cancer 5 years ago and just recently losing my best friend this book really opened my eyes about dying and heaven. I don't want to give the book away but this man was in a car accident, died and went to heaven for 90 minutes. The way he described heaven was so beautiful and that he wanted to stay there, not to come back to Earth. By the end of reading this book I knew that my Dad was in this beautiful place where he would never want to leave. A place where he didn't hurt and he was with all the people that had went to heaven before him. And the same goes for Whitney. I know when it's my turn to go to heaven that my dad, Whitney, and many others will be waiting for me at those gates with open arms. Yes death is sad and hard to get over, but by reading this I know that if they had a choice they would want to stay in heaven and not come back to this crazy world. I hope I don't offend anyone by making this statement, it's just how I truly feel. I challenge you to read this book and not agree with what I said.


I don't want to end on a sad not so here are some pictures from our trip to Hilton Head.




Paula Dean's Restaurant


Peace and Love!!



My wet husband and I in the fountain



2 comments:

Morgan said...

Meagan that's awesome!! Yes i am sure that dad and Whitney would not want to be here on earth in pain and suffering so God took them on his time!! I miss dad everyday, but knowing that he is in a better place with no more suffering and pain from cancer makes me have peace about it all!! I know i will see him one day and he will have his arms opened wide for me and you!! I love you and glad yall had a great time!! :)

Beth said...

Meagan, your trip looks like it was so much fun! You can take me next time to walk the trails with you! I am going to add the book to my reading list.