Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog Challenge Day 4: My Parents

I know I am a couple of days off, but I was kinda busy! :)


This is my mom, Meredith! This picture was taken on my Bachelorette trip, and yes my mom did come on the trip with us! My mom and I are super close. We talk at least once (sometimes more) a day. I can talk to her about just about anything. She is so supportive of anything I do, and yet she will tell me when something not a good idea. Without her I would be lost! I call her about the silliest things. Like how long do you bake a potato, or what do I need to take for a snotty nose. Josh and my step-dad, Scott, like to make jokes about how close my mom and me are, but it's ok I love my mom and I am ok with that! :)


This is my dad, Mike. This picture was taken when I was about 4 or 5 on a family beach trip. I was a total Daddy's girl! He worked hard to provide for my sister and I and never let us do without. He had a kind heart and would lend a hand anyway he could. He was a HUGE Alabama fan and we went to many games together. He could always make me laugh and we had some great times together. I know what you are thinking, "Why are you speaking in past tense?" Sadly, my dad passed away 5 years ago from cancer. It was quiet hard to not have my dad there the day I graduated from college or the day I got married. However, I know that he is always by my side and I take comfort knowing that he is in heaven.
I can say that I was truly blessed with awesome parents. I know many who didn't have the relationship like I did/do with my parents. My parents were very understanding and would not be quick to judge. Because of that I was honest with them most of the time :) I just hope that I will be a great parent one day like mine were!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I like hearing stories about your parents! I like your new blog "challenges". I'm learning so much about you! :)

Good to see y'all this weekend. Your costumes were hilarious!!

Unknown said...

I miss him everyday!