Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blog Challenge Day 3: My First Love

Of course growing up you have those boyfriends that you think you're "in love" with, but it's not really love. So my first love was of course my husband Josh! Josh and I had mutual friends and were from the same town, but didn't know each other. Picture this: Halloween night, college party and I walk in to see a guy dressed in a child's Sponge Bob Square pants costume. Something a guy has to have is a sense of humor, and come on if he's wearing that outfit in publix he HAS to have a sense of humor!So I was smitten! From that night on we "like peas and carrots!" Ha My mom likes to tell this story about Josh and I. As many of you know my dad passed away in 2005; well Josh had not met my family yet. So the first time Josh met my entire family was the day of my dad's funeral. My mom says that she knew from that day forward that he was the man for me, because not many guys would feel comfortable in that situation. He was there for me when I needed him, but at the same time gave me my distance when I needed it. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life. I am truly blessed!



Josh and I Halloween 2008!

No comments: