Monday, July 18, 2011

Caught Up in Southern Summer Barefoot, Blue Jean Night..

I love that song, and yes I've been caught in some southern summer nights. I've been living it up at the beach for the past 2 weeks (have I mentioned how much I love being a teacher...summers off)!!! The first week Josh and I went to the family condo in PCB for the week. My sister and her husband joined us for a few days. The beaches had no seaweed and it was sunny skies all week. Josh and Jason got the bright idea to jump off the pier at St. Andrew's State Park (yes I know this is crazy and just because someone else was doing it doesn't mean it's safe, but hey you only live once)!





We ate lots of great food and got lots of sun!

Also while we were down there it was the annual Bay Point Billfish Tournament. So we checked it out. Look at the 400 pound fish:


I would have loved to stay longer, but of course my allergies were bothering me and I looked a little silly carrying a box of Kleenexes around!!

The following week I returned to the beach with my mom and some of her friends. It was a low key trip, nothing too exciting, just rain, rain, and more rain. I have never been to the beach where it rained everyday at some point. I must say the highlight of my trip was going to Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby? Yes Hobby Lobby! The tornado took ours and I have missed it oh so much. I spent probably 2 hours in that store and got lots of goodies! I was so happy!! It's the little things that make my day!

I'm so excited! This Friday Mirando Lambert is coming to the Tuscaloosa Ampitheather and I have company coming and staying with us!! Yayaya!

No comments: