Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

Remember that movie? "Before I put on my make-up, I say a little prayer for you! Forever, Forever you'll stay in my heart...." OK music montage over. Anyway, my best friend Amanda, who was also in my wedding (see below) got married! 

Getting her hair did for my wedding (she's going to kill me).
The wedding weekend started Friday with the bridesmaid luncheon. We had a wonderful, laid back lunch at a local resturaunt, Girlfriends. Amanda gave each of us the signature wedding flip-flops made by Aunt Becky and Beverly and a button-down shirt with our initials on them. 
Allie, the flower girl & entertainer, and I at the Bridesmaid Luncheon

The bride and I



The crew with their Bridesmaid's gifts
After having lunch we went to get our toes and nails done for the BIG day. I guess I should tell my funny/embarassing story that happend to me while we were there. I was sitting in one of the pedicure chairs talking to my friend Kaley while her toes dried. As we were talking we noticed that the chair next to mine was overflowing with water. As Kaley tried to get the attention of the girl getting her toes done I got up from my chair and totally missed the step down from the platform where the chairs sit. As I wave my arms in the hair I manage to grab the chairs that the people sit in while giving the pedicures. However I did not realize until I grabbed it that it had wheels on them. So you know what happens next; the chair rolls as do I. I feel flat on my face! Everyone in the place died laughing! Thank goodness most of the people in the place were with us and that I only have a few brusies on my knees and arms from my fall. Did I mention I am kind of a clutz?

After all our toes are pink and my face was no longer red from embarrassement we got ready for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

Katie, Darrell, Josh, and I at the Rehearsal Dinner


Heath and Amanda listening to his dad's speech.
After hours of getting beautiful and taking lots of pictures Amanda and Heath's time had come. It was a beautiful ceremony and I was so happy to be apart of their special day. I wish them nothing but luck in their marriage. Being married is a wonderful thing because you always have your best friend by your side.

We looked good! :)

The Bride and I.


My handsome hubby and I.


1 comment:

Beth said...

Y'all did look good! It was such a pretty wedding. I loved the dresses, flowers and all the bridesmaids...lovely group!