Tuesday, June 12, 2012

CMA Fest 2012

We're back! We had an amazing, hot, awesome, memory filled, no injuries, great time! Yes it was extremely hot, but I made sure to stay hydrated at all times. I think I drank about 10 gallons of water during our trip! I also think I walked about 10 miles while in Nashville. But it was all worth it!

Here's how our days were spent. Concerts started around 10:00 in the morning, however with a group of 10 we never got there before 11:30. There were several stages around downtown Nashville, but we mostly stayed at the Riverfront Stage (below).

Each concert lasted about 30 minutes so we got to see a lot of artists during the day. Most of the artists that played during the day were just starting out (Lee Brice, Jerrod Niemann, David Nail, Glorianna, etc.), or were big at one time (Jo Dee Messena, Sawyer Brown, Neil McCoy). These concerts were great because they played their most popular songs and then maybe 1 or 2 songs I didn't know. They also did cover songs or songs from other artists they helped write. For example Lee Brice wrote Crazy Girl, but the Eli Young Band are the ones with the song out. The only complaint was the heat! It was soo toasty out, but I had expected that and dressed accordingly. I also had to make sure that I wore tube tops because my best friend gets married this weekend and I couldn't have any tan lines!

At night, concerts were held at LP Field (where the Tenn. Titans play). These usually started around 7:00, but again with 10 people trying to get ready and out the door we usually didn't arrive until 8-ish. Which this was OK because we didn't really want to see the first act each night; let's just say we weren't old enough to enjoy those artists. I think I stood the entire night. I also think I sang and danced the whole time too. I love music and I love concerts, so I enjoyed myself thoroughly!

I recommend CMA Fest to anyone who likes Country Music. You get to see popular artists and also artists that are just starting out. I hope to return next year.





Stay tuned because my best friend gets married this weekend. Yayyayaya!!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

how fun! i am so jealous!