Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Eve & Wife of the Year!

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve. I spent my New Year's in Hotlanta at an Auburn game. Yes you heard right, at an AUBURN GAME (hince the Wife of the Year plug). Josh received the tickets as a Christmas gift from me. I figured if I couldn't go to the National Championship I could at least go to 1 bowl game. If you know me you know I CANNOT wear orange and blue, however I did sport blue and white. I felt this was a neutral color because both teams share the colors orange and blue. Being true to my team I did wear red socks and a red and white belt, so I wasn't a total traitor. We arrived in Atlanta and our first stop was The Varsity. You cannot go to Atlanta and NOT eat here.



If you have never been, go! I reccomend the chili dogs, french fries, and an Orange Dreamsicle. Ahhhh




We checked into our room and by now Josh is antsy and ready to go (See below).





This is his "quit taking pictures and get ready so we can go" face.




We headed down to the Georgia Dome so we could check out the FanFest. It was loud and organge and blue as far as the eye could see. I asked Josh did he want to hang around and watch Tiger Walk? Dumb question, OF COURSE HE DID! So we waited in line for 2 hours (another plugg for Wife of the Year) to witness the Tiger Walk. Of course when you are waiting around for something to start you begin to talk to people, and it was revealed that I was an Alabama fan. So of course I get the usual "Bammer" jokes and I smile and take it, knowing deep down that I will get the last laugh (Hee Hee).




Anyway Tiger walk FINALLY begins and as the team walks down the crowd of people start to push to get closer to the players. Well because we got there pretty early we were up front, and guess who I got crowd bumped into? None other than Bo Jackson. I didn't even realize who it was. He's a couple of pictures Josh took as I recorded the whole walk (plugg #3 for Wife of the Year)







Bo Jackson






Cheese-Whiz







I think Josh enjoyed the games especially since Auburn won, and I survived. Here's the only picture I got of Josh and me.







I look forward to what 2012 bring the Fryers. 2011 was a pretty good year, so I can't wait to see if 2012 can top it! Until next time....










































1 comment:

Beth said...

You ARE a good wife, Meg! I feel you because I've also stood through a Tiger Walk this year. Between me and you, I didn't think it was that great! ;)

Roll Tide, can't wait for Monday!!