Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Year Ago...


This time a year ago Josh and I were getting ready to graduate from Troy. Boy has time flown by! I feel like it was just yesterday I was preparing to become an adult and a wife! I have learned a lot in this past year as a "grown-up." I've learned that reading a textbook and taking a test doesn't compare to what I have experienced in this past year. I have learned more about teaching in this past year then I did in all my years at Troy. Now I know what some of you might say, "You must have not paid attention," or "Maybe you should have studied more." But on the contrary, I did study (most of the time :)) and I did pay attention. Still a textbook is nothing like seeing an autistic child in action, or trying to read with a child that reads on a beginning 1st grade level while in the 2nd grade. I am amazed at what children go through at home and how the best meal they will receive is the 2 they get at school. I have learned to work on Patience. I didn't realize how little I had, and how quickly I had to fix that.

Now, I have to admit, there are days where I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to still be in college. In the mornings when the alarm goes off at 5:50 and nights when I don't go to bed until 10:30 because I am grading papers. When I see pictures on Facebook of KD events and fun things happening on week nights; I wish, maybe just for a few minutes, that I could go back. However, I realize that that is part of growing up. Don't get me wrong I love "grown-up" fun, but I would love to sleep in some mornings.

I love my husband, I love my job, I just all around love my life. I thought I would just look back at the past year and reminisce about all that I have learned about life.




No comments: