Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Colt!

Sorry it has taken me so long to blog again, but I've been super busy. I know you are all dying to know how my lovely Chinese student is doing. Well we are making progress. Our teaching assistant has taken him under her wing. He still calls us "teacher," but we found out that in China they address their teacher with their first name followed by "teacher." So we're used to it now. He is so funny and you can't help but laugh at some of the things he does and says. He tells me everyday if the lunch we are having is "China's food." Then he tells us thank you at the end of every school day. I catch myself always looking for him and starting panic when I do not see him right away. Let's just say he keeps us 2nd grade teachers on our toes.

So back to the title of my post, last weekend Josh and I went to Phenix City to celebrate Colt's first birthday. If you don't know Katie and I have been friends all our lives. Our mothers were friends, our fathers were friends, so of course our children will be friends. I am still amazed that we are at an age now that we are having our own children's birthdays!!! Christmas was the last time we were in town, so it was good to catch up with friends! I look forward to many more of these birthday parties. We're all grown up now!!!




The Russell's trying to get Colt to dig into his cake.






The birthday boy with his cake. Such a cutie!!





Did I mention it was Katie's birthday too. Happy Birthday Katie and Colt!!

No comments: