Wednesday, April 20, 2011

God Bless Texas! Part 1

And that he did! I told you last week that Josh and I were headed to Dallas, TX to see Zac Brown and Kenny Chesney. Our flight was supposed to leave late Thursday afternoon however our flight was delayed and we didn't get to Dallas until around 10:00. The flight was quiet bumpy because of all the bad weather around. We stayed here:


It was super nice and we had a great view of the "Grassy Knoll" where JFK was shot.

Josh and I standing on the "X" where JFK was shot. Also in the background is the building where the shooter stood.

Did you notice the huge ball beside our hotel?


This is the Reunion Tower & see up there at the top? That's Wolfgang Puck's restaurant. Wolf wasn't there but we did see some very interesting people.


Enjoying a $15 drink at Wolfgang Puck's place

While in Texas we made the hour long train ride (which is my new favorite way to travel) to Ft. Worth to The Stockyards. My parents had been there before and told me all the places we needed to see and of course the "Cattle Run."


The wind was crazy! I felt like a "showdown" was going to occur!


These Longhorns were so awesome to see up close and I even got to pet one :)

I also got to have a margaria on a saddle! Yes you heard me, drinking a delicious margarita while sitting on a saddle! Here's proof:

I love Texas :)


I will be back soon with Part 2 of our trip. I leave you now with some of my favorite pictures from The Stockyards!


He's so silly


Had a Wine-o-Rita at this winery... sooo yummy!


Good Times!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Now this looks like a fun trip! I want a margarita in a saddle! Maybe we can recreate that on the Memorial Day trip...? :)